Marrakech to fes desert tour
PRIVATE MARRAKECH TO FES DESERT TRIP – 3 DAYS
The private Marrakech to Fes desert tour is the ideal 3 day Sahara tour to combine the 2 imperial cities of Marrakech and Fes with an overland tour of the Moroccan desert. You will drive across the High Atlas Mountains, visit Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou, Ouarzazate, Skoura oasis, Dades Valley, Tinghir and its majestic Todra Canyons. Enjoy a sunset camel trek in Erg Chebbi dunes and spend the night with the bedouins at your Sahara desert camp. Drive past the Middle Atlas Mountains and its cedar forests where you will spot Barbary apes, before your reach Fes. To sum it up, this is the best desert tour from Marrakech to Fes.
Here are the 3-day desert tour from Marrakech to Fes highlights :
- Cross the High Atlas Mountains with its Tizi Ntichka pass
- Explore Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou famous for its still existing film sets
- Visit the oasis of Skoura and the Kasbah of Amridil
- Drive along the Valley of the roses and the road of 1001 Kasbahs
- Walk in Todgha oasis to the Gorges and visit a Berber village
- Enjoy a splendid sunset camel ride in Erg Chebbi dunes
- Spend the night under the stars at your Sahara desert camp
- Drive along Ziz Valley and cross the Middle Atlas Mountains to Fez
- Stop in cedar forests to watch Barbary apes
This is the itinerary of the 3 day desert tour from Marrakech to Fes :
Marrakech – Atlas Mountains – Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou – Dades Valley (7 HOURS DRIVE)
Marrakech to Fes Morocco Desert Trip will depart from your hotel or riad at
07h30 AM to Kasbah Ait Ben Hadou through Tizi Ntichka pass and the high Atlas
Numerous stops will be made along the way. Visit the UNESCO world heritage Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, which was also served as a set for various Hollywood blockbusters.
We continue to Ouarzazate for lunch ( At leisure ).
In the afternoon, we drive to the oasis of Skoura and visit one of the best-preserved Kasbahs in Morocco: Amridil. From here we continue to Kalaa Mgrouna via the Valley of the Roses before we reach our boutique guest house located in Dades Valley.
Dinner and overnight.
- Hotel Panorama
- Option 2 Hotel Babylon
Dades Valley – Tinghir – Merzouga – Sahara Desert (4 HOURS DRIVE)
breakfast, today’s journey will start by driving along the road of 1001 Kasbahs
to Tinghir oasis.
You will be enjoying the amazing scenery along the way of the remaining of fortified villages that were hosting the caravan roads until early 2Oth century.
Upon arrival at Tinghir, which was a military post during the French occupation, we will deviate into a secondary road to the oasis. Feel free to walk next to the stream and watch the locals farming and herding their cattle. Your walk will end at one of the magnificent scenes of your tour: Todgha Gorges.
After lunch at leisure at one of the local cafés, we continue to Rissani, which is one of the holiest towns in Morocco as the actual dynasty ruling Morocco ‘’ The Alaouites ‘’ is originated here, and its founder is buried locally. Rissani is also famous as a starting point of the ancient caravan roads crossing the Sahara desert all the way to Tomboctou.
Mid afternoon, we will cross some rocky terrain all the way to Merzouga, where our camel caravan will be waiting for you. Enjoy a camel ride over Erg Chebbi dunes to watch an amazing sunset, before we return to our Sahara desert camp.
Enjoy dinner under the stars while entertained by our local nomads hosts playing their drums all night.
Overnight at your Sahara desert camp.
1 option : Standard camp
Option 2 : Luxury camp
Merzouga – Midelt – Ifran – Fes (8 HOURS DRIVE)
early wake up to enjoy an amazing sunrise camel trek over the dunes of Erg
Chebbi, we will reach the camp operator’s lodge in Merzouga for breakfast and
shower ( If you choose to upgrade to the luxury camp, breakfast will be served
at the camp, and showers are available at your tent)
Meet your driver / guide and depart on a scenic drive to Fes crossing the Ziz Vlley through Errachidia which is the capital of Tafilalt region.
We carry on our journey to Midelt where we will have lunch at leisure before we keep driving across the Middle Atlas Mountians with its Cedar Forests and Berber towns of Imouzzar and Ifran, which are both famous as winter ski resorts for Moroccans.
Your driver might spot some Barbary apes on the way and seize the opportunity to take some pictures.
We arrive at Fes late in the afternoon. Your Morocco desert tour from Marrakech to Fes will end with a drop off at your Fez hotel or riad.
Know Before you go
- – This tour can be tailored to a 4 days Marrakech to Fes desert tour if you wish
- – Driving times above do not include stops for sightseeing, photos, lunch and cafe
- – Tour price is per person and it depends on how many passengers in your party
- – Pick up from Res can be flexible during spring and summer
- – Local guides and entrance fees ( if any ) are not included. You pay for those directly to the suppliers.
- – Hat, sunglasses, good walking shoes and wet napping are of good use during this tour
- A/C modern 4×4 or van driven by an English speaking river /guide
- Pick up from your Marrakaech hotel / Riad
- First night at Hotel Panorama or Hotel Babylon (Private A/C ensuite room) with dinner & breakfast
- Sunset camel ride in Erg Chebbi
- Overnight at a Saharara desert camp in Erg Chebbi ( Private tent ) with shared bathrooms – Showers available in the morning at the camp operator’s lodge – Dinner and breakfast are included.
- Upgrade to a deluxe camp with an unsuited tent available upon booking your Marrakech to Fes desert tour.
- Drop off at your Fes hotel or the closest accessible location to your Fes riad if not car accessible.
- Entrance fees if any
- local guides if any
- lunches on the way